Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What's For Dinner? Tandoori Chicken Salad

I've been craving Indian flavors lately, and it's something that's not really a favorite for the Man. He had today off, and puttered about until early afternoon without eating. He sauteed some shrimp and made a giant bowl of white rice, and declared that was probably all he'd eat for the day.

OK - I'm free to do what I want for dinner!

I'd been eying Padma Lakshmi's Tandoori Chicken Salad recipe, which seemed like a perfect fit. I toyed with the recipe some - I used greek yogurt, I didn't use a jalapeno (I find the garam masala spicy enough), and my salad was plainer - made of romaine, napa cabbage, and radishes. But the tandoori spice - amazing. I was actually able to get in 4 oz of chicken! (But not quite all the salad)





My Meals

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • Chicken salad: 1.4 oz chicken, .25 oz almonds, 1.5 tsp mayo, and a bit of onion
  • 12 hummus chips
Snack
  • Dannon Light & Fit caramel delight yogurt
Dinner
Planned snack
  • Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bar - raspberry
Exercise - 40 minute Biggest Loser PowerSculpt DVD - Level 2, 222 calories burned

Water - 48 oz

Daily Totals: 698 calories, 22.3g fat, 59.7g carbohydrates, 37.9g sugars, 69.9g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment