Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's For Dinner? Fajita-Spiced Chicken w/Chunky Corn and Avocado Salsa

I love avocado, and the fats in them are very heart healthy. I had some left-over corn on the cob that needed to get used, so I thought of the salsa that is featured in tonight's dinner. There's a full recipe post on the salsa.

Today was my first day experimenting with forgoing the protein shake for breakfast - I did fine as far as energy/being hungry, though I find myself 5-10g short on protein for the day. Not sure I'll be hungry enough for a yogurt bar later, but we'll see how things go.

My meals:

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt (yes, I'm stuck on this flavor!)
  • 8 almonds
Lunch
  •  1 serving meat loaf left over from last night
  • 1/3 cup quinoa with 1 tsp parmesan cheese
Dinner
  • 2.85oz chicken breast, marinated in Badia Fajita marinade - grilled
  • 1 serving Chunky Corn and Avocado Salsa
  • 1/3 cup rice
  • .5 tsp butter
  • salad of 1 cup romaine, 2 radishes, 1 tbsp Ken's buttermilk ranch dressing
Water: 60 oz

Daily Totals: 866 calories, 41g fat, 70g carbohydrate, 24g sugars, 55g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment