Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Easing back into exercise - comfort food urges

Monday I decided to risk angering my incision and do a video sculpting workout. It seemed to go well (and boy, do I have some areas that need toning!), so I decided to go for it again today. I'm a little more oozy than I have been, but not hurting, so I'll take that as a good sign. I'm still doing my warm bath as part of my bed time routine, so I'm sure that's keeping things from getting blocked and nasty. Today I chose to move up to 3lb hand weights from 2lb, and I could really feel the difference. It seems nominal, it's only an extra pound, but it's 50% again more than what I've been doing. We'll see if I have any muscle soreness tomorrow.

The flying squirrels are getting together again tomorrow night - for dinner at a local cafeteria and then dominoes and chit-chat at a nearby Starbucks. I'm going to go this time, I'm craving some of the social interaction.

The Man is not feeling well today, so he's been craving comfort food. He made a full package of "deluxe" macaroni and cheese while I was doing my video. I'll admit that I had a couple spoonfuls as I was preparing my own lunch. The bad habits and brain issues don't go away with surgery - so resisting such temptations, even if it is just 50 or so calories worth, is something I'll continue to have to work on.

I did pick up a treat over the weekend while I was at Whole Foods, a package of roasted pepitas (green pumpkin seeds). They're absolutely delicious sprinkled on salads, particularly when doing a Mexican flavored or taco salad, which is what I did today.

Dinner was simple, beef, my miniature cauliflower cheese gratin, and some corn.

Oh, another plus for exercise - it's much easier to get 60+ oz of water in when you suck down 20 during a workout!

My Meals: 

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • 2 tablespoons mac and cheese
  • Salad made of: 
  • 2.5 oz grilled chicken breast
  • 1.5 cups romaine lettuce
  • 1/2 oz shredded cheddar
  • 1 tbsp pepitas
  • 2 radishes
  • 1 tbsp sour cream
  • 1 tbsp chipotle ranch dressing
Dinner
Water - 60oz

Exercise - 40 minutes, Biggest Loser PowerSculpt video - level 2, 240 calories burned

Daily Totals: 912 calories, 44.2g fat, 60.7g carbohydrates, 22.4g sugars, 69.3g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment