Sunday, July 15, 2012

What's For Dinner? Veal Involtini with Brussel Sprouts

I'm really trying to provide some diversity in our protein selections for dinner. I have taste and texture issues with most fish and shellfish (thanks Dad, for refusing to serve it when I was growing up), so that's sometimes a challenge. I bought some veal and lamb for this week, so we'll be doing a bit of experimentation with that.

I'm getting more and more frustrated that exercise is complicated by this ongoing incision issue. I know I have the follow-up surgery scheduled for August 6th, but that's still 3 weeks away. I hate the feeling I'm wasting time and opportunity in weight loss by not getting the exercise in. I may try and do a sculpting video session tomorrow and see how it goes - I might put up with a little extra discomfort in order to get the exercise benefits.

Tonight's dinner is another example of plating a bit more than I can eat. I ended up consuming one of the involtini (instead of the two pictured), and about half the brussels sprouts shown. Neither of us particularly cared for the pan sauce - it needed a sweet element to counter-act the acid of both the wine and balsamic vinegar.

A bit light on the protein again today - the fault of too little for breakfast. I really need to work on that. 






My Meals: 

 Breakfast: 

  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
Lunch
  • McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad - 2/3 of the salad
Dinner
After Dinner Snack
  • Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Bar - raspberry
Water - 40 oz

Daily Totals: 680 calories, 28.6g fat, 60.5 carbohydrates, 30g sugars, 48.7g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment