Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What's For Dinner? Meatballs in Red Wine Gravy

I'll admit it - I'm in love with my FoodSaver. We used it quite a bit pre-op for portioning out bulk meat purchases, and the occasional lasagna type left athat wouldn't be eaten within a couple days. But it's truly been a lifesaver post-op. I have 3 portions of pork tenderloin frozen in the foodsaver bags - they come two to a package, and just half of one is enough for my little portion and a good one for the Man. I also had two dinners worth of tonight's meal - Meatballs in Red Wine Gravy left over from the first time I made it. I love that I could just take the bag out of the freezer and plop it into a pot of boiling water and let the meatballs and sauce heat without drying out at all!

I got my pre-op call from the hospital today - luckily they don't want to see me for any pre-op testing, and it seems so far that I'll get to avoid having to self administer an enema before hand (please oh please). I'll get a call on Friday for my "report in" time - though they're estimating my procedure to start at 12:40pm.

Not much else in news today - did another treadmill working, and getting so tantilizing close to dropping below the 200lb mark - I'll definitely report when I do.



My Meals 

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • 1.8 oz left over tandoori chicken from last night
  • 1/3 cup red rice
  • 1/3 cup green beans
  • 1 tsp butter
Snack
  • 14 lightly salted almonds
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Dinner
Planned Snack
  • Yasso Greek Frozen Yogurt Bar - raspberry
Exercise - Treadmill: 41.5 mins walking 2.5mph, 3.5 mins jogging 3.5 mph, both at 1% incline, total miles 1.93, Avg HR 124, Max HR 177, 282 calories burned




Water - 70 oz (a record!)

Daily Totals: 878 calories, 34.1g fat, 79.6g carbohydrates, 26.3g sugars, 63g protein




No comments:

Post a Comment