To that end, I've decide to do a regular post on "What's For Dinner?". I'll probably feature most of my daily eating, aside from breakfast - as I'm still most comfortable having a protein shake for my first meal of the day, and I rarely, if ever, venture away from my favorite Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle flavor.
This morning I woke up late, and had shopping to do - so I skipped breakfast - NOT recommended, but this is about how I eat - warts and all. The nutritionist in my program recommends food items be limited to 10g of fat and 10g of sugar per serving. For the most part, I stick to that - particularly with sugars, a little less so with fats. I've said before that I really hate "fake foods" - and low fat salad dressings and mayonnaise are two of my big ones. I have made a conscious choice to use the "regular" versions of these products today - other days I may choose a variety that is more naturally lower in fats. All that said...
Today's menu is:
Lunch - Tuna Sandwich
- 1.5 oz albacore tuna (water packed) w/2 tsp mayonaisse
- 2 small slices French bread (near end of a 1-lb bakery loaf), toasted
- Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
- 8 almonds (Blue Diamond, lightly salted)
- Balsamic Glazed Sirloin Steak (3.5 oz portion)
- 1/2 cup steamed green beans
- 1 cup mix of romaine lettuce, napa cabbage, roma tomato
- .5 tbsp Ken's Buttermilk Ranch dressing
Daily Totals: 719 calories, 34g fat, 56g carbs, 17g sugars, 50g protein
I'm 10g under my goal for protein, and 850 calories is a general guideline (not a hard goal) at my stage post-op, so I have some flexibility for a small snack before bed if I choose.
The Balsamic Glaze for the steak was amazing - definitely going into our rotation for beef meals!
Note: I use http://www.myfooddiary.com for food, exercise, and weight tracking. Nutritional values provided by their database.