Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's For Dinner? Hamburger Steak w/Mini Cauliflower Cheese Gratin

 Rough day today with the incision - I ended up in the recliner at 9am - thankfully my work is that flexible - the laptop on a table that slides over the arm of the chair makes it possible for me to work in more comfort than I can get at the desk.

I'd been craving something cheesy lately, so I decided to do a cheesy cauliflower dish. Not wanting a huge amount of left overs, I knew it was the perfect situation for my little square Le Creuset baking dish. Four WLS-friendly servings was perfect - I had one, the Man had two, and one is left over.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to feel better. I have a meeting I have to go out to attend in the afternoon, and I can't miss it. I'm currently the chair of the Forsyth County Emergency Management Advisory Council - a volunteer post I took on 3 years ago to keep me connected to my old life as a police dispatcher. We meet bi-monthly, and tomorrow's our next session - I missed the last one due to the abscess surgery, so definitely have to go this time.

My Flying Squirrels, an informal sub-group of my WLS support group, is meeting for dinner and coffee at 6pm, then bowling at 8. I'm really wavering on whether to go - I wasn't impressed with the dinner destination the last time we went, though granted it was during my "I'm throwing up nearly anything" phase (Dickey's BBQ, for the curious). Definitely not feeling up to the bowling, but we'll see how I feel about dinner when late afternoon rolls around.

My Meals

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento light string cheese
Lunch
  • 3oz sirloin steak
  • 3/4 cup broccoli and carrots
  • 1/3 left over fried rice
Dinner
Water - 50 oz

Daily Totals: 802 calories, 40g fat, 42g carbohydrates, 16.6g sugars, 68.4g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment