Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cooking for Family

I have been incredibly blessed with the love and support of the Man throughout this entire process. He's accepted some pretty big dietary changes without complaint. At the same time, I know it's not entirely fair to limit his eating to only what I can consume. So while tonight was in part leftover night (meat loaf), I knew I had an extra russet potato from making the steak frittes the other night, and decided to make him some mashed potatoes to go along with it. White potatoes are pretty low on the "best choices" ranking for me, but it's something he enjoys, and I could have just a tiny bit.

Other dishes, though, will be more difficult to provide. I make a mean spaghetti - and while I can certainly have the spaghetti sauce, pasta to that extent is not a happy thing for me yet. Of course the white lasagna is completely out, since that's pretty much pasta and milk in the form of a bechamel sauce. But, where I can I do try and not deprive him of the things he enjoys.

I did finally manage to enjoy last night's dinner - as today's lunch. Trust me, I ate very slowly!

My meals: 

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light string cheese
Lunch
  • 2.5 oz roast chicken
  • 1/3 cup red rice
  • 1/2 cup peas, carrots, and onions
Dinner
  • 1 serving meat loaf and onion gravy
  • 1/3 cup mashed potatoes made from russet potatoes, butter, and a splash of cream
  • 3/4 cup broccoli
  • 1 tsp butter
Water - 50 oz

Daily Totals: 808 calories, 34.2g fat, 70.5g carbohydrates, 19g sugars, 58.6g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment