Friday, July 27, 2012

What's For Dinner? Filet with Caprese Salad

I did go to our weight loss surgery support group meeting last night, and had a good time. Maggie, one of my favorite people in the group, brought a huge amount of fresh vegetables from her father-in-law's garden. I picked up a couple heirloom tomatoes, an eggplant for the Man to grill, a mutant large carrot, some cucumbers, and a big batch of basil - two of these items star in tonight's dinner.

My stomach has been acting odd for a couple days, ever since I lost my dinner the other night it feels like I have about half a meal just sitting at the bottom of my stomach - so I'll start to eat, and it gets uncomfortable very quickly. I'm hoping that goes away pretty quickly, because it makes it even harder to get in all the nutrition in my meals.



My Meals: 
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • 4 slices (1 oz) Boar's Head Genoa Salami
Lunch
  • Chicken salad made with
  • 2 oz left over Julia's chicken
  • 2 tsp mayonnaise
  • 1 oz chopped slivered almonds
  • 1 tbsp minced onion
  • 12 Wheat Thins Toasted Chips - Multigrain
Dinner
  • 3 oz filet mignon
  • Caprese salad - 2 slices heirloom tomato, 1 oz sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, 4 basil leaves, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper
Water - 50oz

Daily Totals: 845 calories, 48.3g fat, 37.2g carbohydrates, 15g sugars, 65.5g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment