Friday, July 13, 2012

What's for Dinner? Onion Frittata with Green Salad

Friday, at last. The Man actually has tomorrow off, which will be the first weekend day we've had off together for a month or so now. We're talking about going to see a movie - if the ones we're interested in are still in theaters. I discovered while we were on vacation that I can actually eat movie popcorn - limited in volume of course - so I'll have to take that into consideration for my calorie totals for tomorrow.

I've been thinking about making a quiche or some other egg dish. Quiche is somewhat problematic as the crust tends to be heavy in fats, and frequently heavy cream is used mixed in with the eggs. As you know I'm not afraid of such ingredients, but portion sizes do need to be taken into account. So rather than struggle with substitutions or other modifications, I looked for a recipe that didn't have a pastry base and found the onion frittata. We love caramelized onions, and fresh herbs are always a nice edition. I cut the recipe in half, and then my portion was a quarter of that. I think it turned out pretty tasty.

I ended up really low on protein for the day - I'll probably have a frozen yogurt bar before bed, but that won't get me into range. I'll need to plan better!



My Meals

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • 4 mini tuna melts (2oz albacore tuna, 1 tsp mayo, 1/2 oz cheddar, 4 multigrain  crackers)
Lunch
  • 3 left-over gyoza from our hibachi tak-out
  • 1 cup mixed fresh veggies left-over from last night (corn, carrots, snap peas, snow peas)

Dinner
  • 1 serving (out of 4 in a half-recipe) Onion Frittata 
  • 1.5 cups romaine lettuce, 1 roma tomato, 2 radishes
  • 1.5 tbsp Ken's Buttermilk Ranch dressing

Water - 50 oz

Daily Totals: 850 calories, 44.7g fat, 74g carbohydrates, 24.4g sugars, 39g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment