Monday, July 16, 2012

What's For Dinner? Chicken Salad with Bacon Balsamic Dressing

I did better today on breakfast - had some cheese with my yogurt. I also did risk angering my incision and did a 40 minute workout to my Biggest Loser PowerSculpt video - burned 237 calories. Some time ago I bought a Polar F4 heart rate monitor. Using my current weight data, and heart rate detected, it calculates average heart rate, maximum heart rate, and calories burned. I find it pretty handy to help determine if I'm working hard enough.

I had a miniature pita for lunch today - the first time for that post-op. It was a little bit heavy - and honestly the miniature version felt less airy than the larger ones can be. Lesson learned, I'll probably not be finishing the bag of them.

Dinner was based on a recipe for a chicken and spinach salad with a hot bacon vinaigrette. The man doesn't care for spinach at all (except spinach dip, and even he can't explain that), and I don't care for wilted greens or lettuce of any kind, which tends to happen with a hot dressing. So I modified things a bit. Instead of just balsamic vinegar mixed with the bacon drippings, I added a couple ounces of dry sherry to the pan to deglaze and let it reduce by half. Then added equal parts balsamic vinegar and honey. The honey toned down the tartness of the balsamic, but still let the bacon aspect come through. I mixed romaine and spinach, added some radishes and tomato, and called it dinner - quite yummy.

My Meals: 

Breakfast
  •  Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • 1 miniature pita round
  • 2.4 oz Boar's Head roast beef
  • 1 tsp mayonaisse
Dinner
  • 2.7 oz grilled chicken breast
  • 1.5 cups mixed romaine and spinach
  • 2 thin slices bacon
  • 1/2 roma tomato
  • 2 radishes
  • Dressing made of bacon drippings, sherry, honey, and balsamic vinegar
Water - 64 oz

Exercise: 237 calories burned, sculpting video with hand weights - 40 minutes

Daily Totals: 726 calories, 21.7g fat, 59.8g carbohydrates, 27.9g sugars, 65.1g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment