Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's For Dinner? Steak with Spiced Butter Glazed Artichokes and Hericots Verts

Well, today was one of the few thumbs down from the Man on dinner. I've been told to serve his "sauce on the side" from now on, unless I know he likes it. I think part of his issue is "unfamiliar" spices - tonight's dinner had coriander, cumin, and caraway in a compound butter. He took one bite, screwed up his face, and demanded to know what was in it, then announced that he did just fine with a plain steak and his favorite Heinz 57 sauce. OK then.


Tomorrow night is my program's monthly weight loss surgery support group. The squirrels meet for dinner at a little cafe near our meeting place, then some go grab some Starbucks before heading over (and more afterward). I'll go to dinner and the meeting, but I'm leaning toward not going to Starbucks afterward - it runs late, and I'm particularly tired today, not holding out hope that it will improve tomorrow. Today's tired is from a restless sleep last night, and an early alarm because I had a meeting with the programmers working on a project I'm leading that are based in India - at 6:30am my time (as my executive mentor says - sometimes you do what you need to do as far as time goes).

So tonight will be early to bed, after watching a an episode or two more of Warehouse 13 Season 3 on DVD.



My Meals

 Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • "chicken melt" made with
  • 2oz country white sourdough bread
  • 1.75 oz chicken breast (left over Julia's chicken)
  • 1.5 tsp mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
Dinner
Water - 60 oz

Daily Totals: 655 calories, 29.9g fat, 36.6g carbohydrates, 11.8g sugars, 60.3g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment