Friday, July 6, 2012

What's For Dinner? Pork Tenderloin with Pomegranate Sauce

Today's breakfast was too skimpy - just the yogurt, so I'm struggling to hit the low end limit of my protein goal - 60g. Even with a planned snack before bed (some almonds and a frozen greek yogurt bar), I'll still fall about 9g short. I'll definitely have to watch breakfast more carefully when not having a protein shake.

Today's dinner is courtesy of Epicurious - I've been wanting to make this for a long time, but wasn't sure how the Man would react to the spice mix - he's not very adventurous with middle eastern flavor profiles, but this turned out to be milder than I expected - I loved it, and he said "Eh, OK" - but that was more commentary on his ambivalence to pork that's not barbecue or bacon. The recipe calls for quite large meat servings - 2 tenderloins divided between 4 portions. I used half a tenderloin - about 8 ounces raw, about 6.75 after cooking.



My Meals:

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
Lunch
  • Whole grain tortilla wrap (Ole brand) filled with: 
  • 1/4 cup fat free refried beans
  • 1 serving chunky corn and avocado salsa from last night
  • a sprinkling of 2% mexican blend shredded cheese
Snack
  • Sargento reduced fat string cheese 
Dinner
Planned Snack
  • 12 almonds
  • Yasso frozen greek yogurt bar - raspberry
Water - 64 oz

Daily Totals: 824 calories, 30g fat, 99g carbs, 35g sugars, 51g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment