Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cleared for Exercise!

Woohoo! Had my 2 week post-op follow-up with the surgeon today, and he was pleased with how things looked to be healing. I told him the oozing had dropped considerably, though there was still some. He said there was really just a pinhole opening left, and he actually snipped the external stitch (there was also one internally) that hadn't dissolved yet. I go back in a month for hopefully a final follow-up. I learned something interesting, in that most fistulas dig through tissue very close to the surface of the skin, so usually a surgeon will just split it open, clean it out, pack it, and stitch it up. Mine was fairly rare in that it dug deep internally, and actually went through muscle tissue - which of course they didn't want to just randomly slice through my gluteus maximus which would cause some significant recover issues. So they used the internal plug that helps absorb any left over infection. He did warn that the plug is not as reliable at totally clearing a problem as the full incision to open it up, but given it's position it was the best choice. So I'll go back in a month and hopefully all will be clear. I have a repeat CT scan early in September, and hopefully that odd looking lymph node they found in the ER before my very first treatment of the abscess back in May will scan normally.

So - he was happy enough with my healing that he cleared me to start exercising again! Yay! (Who'd have thought I'd say that this time last year?)

Today and tomorrow the Man's former step-daughter is visiting, we went out to dinner at the hibachi place across the street. I ate my protein, and about 1/3 a cup of the fried rice. I was a good girl!

My Meals: 

Breakfast 
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • Salad made with 2.6 oz roast chicken breast, 1.5 cups romaine lettuce, 1 roma tomato, 2 radishes, 1/2 oz pepitas, 1 tbsp Ken's Healthy Options Peppercorn and Parmesan dressing
Dinner
  • 3 oz filet mignon
  • 1/3 cup fried rice
Planned Snack
  • Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bar - raspberry
Water - 60 oz

Daily Totals: 732 calories, 27.2g fat, 53.4g carbohydrates, 27.9g sugars, 70.1g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment