That said, I still constantly boggle at the apparent amount of salad I can eat at one sitting. Dinner tonight was a 2.6 oz hamburger patty and 1/2 cup of left over herbed corn couscous. I'm full, I can feel it. But for lunch - I ate this:
Well - apparently I can't show you because the photo file is corrupt (really?).
But - it was 1.5 cups of romaine, half a cup of red cabbage, a carrot, 1/3 oz of slivered almonds, and 2.6 oz of left over sirloin steak dressed with Olde Cape Cod Sesame Ginger non-fat dressing. It looks huge - fills a large soup bowl.
So how can I manage that when I eat so little of anything else?
The Man and I can only come up with the idea that salad "crunches down" into a smaller volume when eaten, and other more solid foods just get pulled apart and tenderized when you chew.
It's a mystery.
- Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
- Sargento light string cheese
- Salad composed of:
- 1.5 cups romaine
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 carrot - sliced
- 1/3 oz slivered almonds
- 2.6 oz top sirloin
- 2 tbsp Olde Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger Non-Fat dressing
- 2.6 oz hamburger patty with red onions
- 1/2 cup left over herbed corn couscous from last night
- 1 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce
Daily Totals: 871 calories, 32.4g fat, 91.9g carbohydrates, 32.9g sugars, 59.2g protein