Monday, August 27, 2012

What's For Dinner? Chicken Marsala and Parsnip Gratin

So I have decided that I'm going to take the CAPM exam again - I have to do it quickly, my year runs out on September 12, but I'll see if I can't get that scheduled right after I post this.

Today's dinner is one of those meals that at first glance, one might think - Yikes, cream! The amount actually consumed in my servings is pretty darned small. Will I eat these dishes every night? No - but I'm not afraid of planning for them in my day or week.

I modified the chicken marsala recipe a bit - I don't care for mushrooms so those were left out, and I used only 1 tbsp butter as a result. I had about 1/3 of the sauce (half recipe to begin with), which is how I counted the calories.

The parsnip gratin had proportionately about half the nuts called for, but the rest was sized down to fit my little 4 inch baking dish (4 servings).



My Meals

Breakfast
  • Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
  • Sargento Light String Cheese
Lunch
  • Mini tuna melts: 2.5 oz albacore tuna, 1 tsp light mayo, 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, 5 Wheat Thins toasted chips- multigrain
  • 1 cup green salad, 1 radish,  tbsp Ken's Healthy Options Honey French dressing
Snack
  • 6 whole cashews
Dinner
Planned Snack
  • Yasso Frozen Greek yogurt bar - raspberry
 Water - 60 oz

Exercise - Biggest Loser PowerSculpt DVD - Level 2 - 40 minutes, Avg HR 114, Max HR 144, 221 calories burned

Daily Totals: 895 calories, 39.8g fat, 70.0g carbohydrates, 36.2g sugars, 62.8g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment