Friday, January 11, 2013

What's For Dinner? Rosemary Garlic Lamb Chops with Stewed Green Beans

Today was weird - I decided to see how my knee could handle the treadmill, and successfully managed a 45 minute session (3mph, 2% incline). I did a bit of weight work as well, and two 30-second planks. The planks will allegedly give me killer abs - I'm waiting!

With all the other changes I have going on, I think I mentioned that we discontinued my Depo-Provera. I've seemed to have started cycling again - but it's pretty rapid, as I started again today - just 27 days after the last time (before anyone says 'but a cycle is 28 days' - not for me, this is unusual). I'm not thrilled, but at least it's the weekend, and if it's as crampy as it was last time, at least I can chill out for a few days.

I'm a bit trapped here this weekend, the Man's car is having some odd intermittent issue with starting, and he ran the battery down the last time he tried. It's safely parked in the lot at the store, so it's not going anywhere, but he's driving mine in the mean time. He brought the battery home to charge up today, so we're hoping he'll be able to fire it up tomorrow and at least get it home so we can do a little more diagnostics on it and see if he and his brother can fix it, or if it will have to go to the mechanic. Ugh, just need one more year in that car, and then the next new purchase is his.

I did pretty good with food today, sitting here happy with dinner, and not feeling like I'll be itching for a snack before bed.



My Meals

Breakfast
  •  1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean! cereal
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 serving Dannon Light & Fit raspberry yogurt
Snack
  •  2 celery stalks
Lunch
  •  Salad of 1.5 cups romaine, 2.8 oz chicken breast, radishes, 1/4 cup corn, 2 tbsp Ken's Healthy Options Parmesan and Peppercorn dressing
Snack
  •  Sargento Light String cheese
  • 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
  • 12 almonds
Dinner
  •  3.5 oz lamb loin chop marinated in garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and olive oil
  • 1/2 cup stewed green beans with bacon
Water - 80 oz

Exercise - 45 minutes treadmill - 3 mph, 2% incline, 2x10 reps tricep kickbacks, bicep curls, lateral shoulder raises with 4 lb weights. 2x20 lunges. 2x 30 second plank. (approx 300 calories burned)

Daily Totals - 943 calories, 43.8g fat, 63g carbohydrates, 24g sugars, 83.7g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment