Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What's For Dinner? Cheesy Chicken Corn Chowder

I was never this cold when I was fat! It stayed below freezing most of the day today, and the house was just cold, even though I had the heat set to 72, and a space heater going in my office. Until I went downstairs to the treadmill at lunch, I was huddled in a shirt and a cardigan sweater - something I'd never have worn in the past, but I was that cold! You don't really think about body heat too much when you're heavy, but it really did make a difference!

In deference to the weather, tonight I wanted soup and decided chicken corn chowder sounded good. I wanted to keep it relatively light, so I'd use broth and milk instead of cream, and I do believe this version was a success.


My Meals

Breakfast
  •  1 cup Kashi Go Lean! cereal
  • 1/3 cup whole milk
Lunch
  •  1 Trader Joe's Chicken Tikka Masala with Cumin Rice
  • 10 almonds
Dinner
Exercise
  •  45 minutes treadmill - 3.2 mph, 2% incline, 200 calories burned
Water - 72 oz

Daily Totals - 977 calories, 43.3g fat, 105g carbohydrates, 24.1g sugars, 53.5g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment