Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Great Salmon Experiment

I've mentioned before that I'm seafood challenged. Today I was determined to find a fish recipe that I could feel good about trying. I had some limits on what to make simply by what is available at my local market. Typically my local Harris Teeter carries tilapia, mahi mahi, snapper, salmon, catfish, and a few other items. I tried tilapia a few months ago, and really didn't care for it. We've had catfish several times, but it just wasn't exciting to me.

I saw a recipe for teriyaki salmon, and that got me intrigued. I love teriyaki. I figured that even if the salmon turned out to be not my favorite taste, that the teriyaki would at least let me get my protein in for the night.



A second achievement today was with my workout. The treadmill had decided that the belt needed to be lubed - so we ordered some appropriate oil and the Man got that done up for me yesterday. I started my workout as usual, but realized that somehow my DVD player repeated the Battlestar Galactica episode that I had watched the last time - about 8 minutes in. So I stopped, got the next DVD in, and started up again. I didn't want to stop in the middle of an episode, so I vowed to continue through the end of it - making about a 10 minute longer than normal workout. I also wanted to get at least 5 minutes of jogging in. I also knew that I wanted to work up to several intervals of 5 minute jogging in the larger workout before doing more than 5 minutes at a time. Well - today I managed 7.5 minutes total! I was very excited - and it felt good, though I think my thighs are going to be complaining tomorrow - maybe some preventative Tylenol tonight will help.

My Meals

Breakfast
  • 3/4 cup Kashi Go Lean! cereal 
  • 1/3 cup whole milk
Lunch
  • Salad with: 3 oz roast chicken breast, 1.5 cups romaine, 3 radishes, 1.5 oz pickled beets, 2 tbsp Ken's Lite Ranch
Dinner
  • 2.8 oz serving Salmon Teriyaki
  • 1 cup steamed carrots and snap peas
  • 1/3 cup white rice
  • 1 tsp butter
Planned Snack
  • Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt - raspberry
Water - 60 oz

Exercise - Treadmill, 54 minutes total, 7.5 minutes jogging 3.7 mph,   46.5 minutes walking 2.7 mph 1% incline, 425 calories burned, Avg HR 139, Max HR 177.

Daily Totals: 902 calories, 25.4g fat, 103.9g carbohydrates, 52.2g sugars, 71.3g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment