Friday, December 30, 2011

Photographic Evidence

I avoid cameras like the plague. I hate pictures of myself, because although I'm painfully aware that I'm fat, my mental image of me still doesn't match up with the reality. We took this first set of pictures just before I started the 3-week pre-op diet, so I was down roughly 15 pounds from the starting point. These are absolutely painful to look at, but if I'm going to create a true record of this journey, I need to have them. Ignore the keening and weeping sounds, that's just me huddled in the corner in epic embarrassment.

Beginning of 3-week pre-op (November 8, 2011)



And 1 month post-op, taken just before we left for my follow-up with the surgeon.



I don't personally see a whole lot of change, though the pants are one size smaller. Ugh - you guys can look at these, I'll continue to close my eyes and sing "la, la, la, there's no pictures of me on the internet".


6 comments:

  1. <3 You're looking great! Maybe you can do your progress photos in the same outfit each time, so that you can see the difference? That might help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Annie! You are doing great. You are brave to share your journey with us - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a SIGNIFICANT change. Are you taking measurements? You definitely need to take measurements- of the most random places, like your calves, your wrists, your neck, etc. as well as the regular waist, bust, hips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see a difference! i agree you'll see it more if you wear the same clothes when you take the pictures. don't beat up on yourself. i know it's difficult but you are doing great. slow and steady wins the race. don't judge yourself based on other people's expectations. none of the people that matter are judging you based on your appearance. easier said than done i know, i know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a really obvious difference in your face and neck. Your face is less puffy in the after picture, and your neck is narrower than your face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've lost inches everywhere. I can see a big difference. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete